“Mamma, what is the curry or sabzi that you have made along with chapati? ” is the pertinent question that I get each day. Well, accompaniments do enhance the taste of food that we eat. Spinach makes a great accompaniment. Here, is another kind of side dish that you can make with roti or nan. It is known as Veg Hariyali. (more…)
It’s been sometime I have put any fried snack here. Summer has atlast vanished Now, the weather is good, it’s raining at times but pleasant. Loving this weather and the splendid climate ! Well, it’s hinting me to make some fried snacks to binge. Today, I present to you Nawabi Green Cutlets. (more…)
Chutneys form an integral part of the lunch menu in many households, it can be served both with plain rice or the flat breads. Here is one kind of chutney, that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Spinach chutney, not only healthy but also tasty.
Spinach is a super food consisting of Vitamin A and K, magnesium,iron , folate and potassium. It helps increase insulin level. lower blood pressure, prevents cancer, good for asthamatic patients. Being rich in dietary fibre, it helps in preventing constipation. One needs to find ways to incorporate spinach in their diet.
My other posts of this wonderful spinach can be read here in the post 5 ways to use spinach
- spinach leaves of 2 bunch
- green chilly 3-4
- methi seeds 1/2 tsp
- coconut 1/2 bowl
- tamarind pulp 2tsp
- salt to taste
- Remove the stalk of spinach leaves.Chop and put them in water. All the impurities settle down. Put them in a colander.
- Take a drop of oil and roast the fenugreek seeds. Put them aside.
- Add half teaspoon of oil, add the green chilly and then the spinach leaves and salt . Let cook for a while. Switch off the gas and let cool.
- Grind all ingredients together in a mixer.
- To serve;
- Make seasoning with a little asafoetida anda pinch of turmeric powder. Add it to the prepared chutney and serve.