Rajma is one of the most loved pulses in the northern states. It is served with rice and any flat indian bread. Chawal Rajma is a very popular dish.This long bean is kidney shaped, hence it is known as Kidney bean. This is a power packed nutrition food, highly recommended for the vegetarians. Today, I present you to Rajma masala below. (more…)
Spinach is one of the healthiest foods mentioned by the world health foods. It is rich in anti -oxidants and store house of nutrients.It consists of Vitamin K,Vitamin A, manganese,iron and Vitamin B2 and B6. One needs to include it on a regular basis in their diet.
Spinach can be used in various ways in our diet. I love using this as can be used for a range of dishes, quick cooking and not to forget its health benefits. Here is an accompaniment which you can use it with steamed rice or roti.
Ingredients that you need are :
For the curry :
- Spinach 3 clusters
- onion 2
- ginger 1 inch
- green chilli 2
- red chilli powder 1tsp
- milk 2tbsp
- cream 2 tbsp
- coriander powder 1tsp
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
For the koftas :
- boiled potatoes 3
- onion 1
- green chilly 2
- spinach leaves a few
- ginger 1/2 inch
- bread 2 slices
- coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- garam masala powder 1/2tsp
- amchur powder 1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- cornflour for binding
- oil for shallow frying
For the spinach curry :
- Blanch the spinach leaves. When cool grind to a paste.
- Take oil in a kadai andadd the ginger,then add and saute the onions. As they turn pale , add the spinach paste. Allow to boil for a minute.
- Add milk,coriander powder, garam masala powder ,red chilly powder and salt.
- Finally, stir the cream into it.
- Let the flavours blend together.
For the koftas :
Koftas are usually made by deep frying in oil. But, I have adopted the healthier version of cooking and it is equally tasty.
Take a bowl and mash the potatoes. Add finely cut onions, a few spinach and coriander leaves which are chopped into bits. Grind the chilli and ginger together. Mix all the spicey powders along with bread and salt. Knead well. Make flat balls and keep aside. Make a paste of cornflour. Dip these koftas into and it and shallow fry on a skillet.
Put the koftas in the curry just before serving.
Some quick notes for you :
- Do not blanch the leaves for more than two minutes.
- If you want to make a vegan dish, add almond milk instead of milk and avoid the cream. This also tastes good.
- Garlic may be added for the curry. I have not added. Use ginger garlic paste and saute.
HAPPY TO HAVE YOU AND DO ENJOY OUR AWESOME DINNER PARTY .
Vegetable Curry is the accompaniment used with jeera rice. It can be used with nan and rotis too. I have tried various kinds but this one is the tastiest, hence I am sharing this one with you.
The ingredients that you need for the curry are:
- 1 bowl of assorted veggies as beans,carrot,peas and potato
To be ground to a paste :
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bowl of fresh grated coconut
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 green chilli
- coriander leaves
- a small piece of cinnamon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Boil the veggies and keep them aside.
- All the nine ingredients to be grinded to a fine paste.
- Take oil in a wok, add the ground paste and fry for sometime.
- The colour changes gradually and the oil leaves at the side of the wok.
- Now add the boiled veggies along with the water. All the nutrients will be lost if you throw away the water.
- Add salt and cook for sometime.
- Serve with jeera rice or any kind of roti.