Salads form an important part of our diet. We can eat them any time, either as a snack or as an accompaniment with the main course. This recipe comes soon after the festival, well, at the right time I think. Crunchy salad is simple to make with very few ingredients.
I have given two ways of making the salad, feel free to adopt which you please. Olive oil is the new age food. In the first kind I have made use of it. Thus, there is no cooking involved. It is ideal to have as a snack.
In the second method, I have made the seasoning and put it to the salad. Here, using of coconut is optional. This salad is good as an accompaniment with South Indian meal.
Let me take you to the recipe, which is so simple to make.
- 4 cucumber
- 2 tomato
- 2 tbsp roasted ground nut powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 2 green chilly
- fresh coconut for garnsihing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Wash and cut the cucumber into small pieces.
- Chop the tomato finely.
- In a bowl, mix the vegetables. Put salt and peanut powder.
- You may add olive oil and a dash of lime juice to it. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. OR Make a seasoning, take oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, as it crackles, put asafoetida, turmeric powder and green chilly to it. Put it to the chopped veggies. Fresh grated coconut may be added to it.
Take a tip :
It is ideal to keep roasted peanuts on the shelf. We can use them in chutneys, salads and even in few kind of gravies.
Have you got the book of handyhints ? If not, subscribe and get it for free !