Rice is the staple food of Indians. We consume it as plain rice with some accompaniment or any variety of rice dish. The variety of rice dishes are more popular with children.They love variety of pulav and biryanis. Kadai pulav is a tasty rice dish that you can prepare in half an hour. I use only carrot and peas for this recipe. Thus, there is no much chopping also involved.
Kadai pulav is ideal for fussy children. It makes a good brunch or lunch box menu. Children love colourful dishes.
- Rice basmati 250 grams
- carrot 1 big
- peas 1 cup
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder 1-2 tsp
- cumin 1/2 tsp
- oil/ghee 3tbsp
- salt to taste
- Cook the rice in pressure cooker and keep it aside. The grains should be seperate. Put it in a wide plate.
- Grate the carrot and keep it aside.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Take oil in a kadai and heat it. Add cumin and let it crackle. Then add the onions, saute for a while.
- Then, add the grated carrot and peas to it. Let cook for sometime on a low flame.
- Now, add the dry powders, cumin powder, doriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add salt and keep it aside.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix it evenly.
- Kadai pulav is ready to serve.
Do check out my book on Amazon.
Post updated : The other e-books are : 30 Tasty Dal Recipes and Breadbasket on Amazon
I am sending this post of Kadai Pulav to Angie’s Fiesta Friday,
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ link=”” /]