Pear is a wonderful fruit to use in various dessert. It is juicy and has a divine taste. Pear smoothie is ideal for children who do not like fruits.
We are living in an era where an additional hour would always be welcome. Running between errands and deadlines, we just try to do our work in an easy way. I love easy and fuss free recipes. Elaborate method of cooking is usually for weekends or pre planned dinner.
Serve it along with breakfast or as an evening after school snack for kids.
- 1 litre milk
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 2 pear
- Boil milk. Keep one-fourth cup of milk aside in a bowl.
- Add sugar. Give a stir.
- Mix custard powder in milk. Add it to the milk and stir well. Let boil for two minutes.
- Remove the skin of pear and cut into cubes.
- Blend to a purée.
- When the custard is cool mix the purée into it. Chill and serve.
- Pear Smoothie is ready to serve.
Pear Smoothie aka Pear Custard
A tasty, healthy and easy to make recipe which is ideal along with breakfast or as mid snacks.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories 560 kcal
Boil milk. Remove one- fourth cup milk and keep it aside.
Add sugar and give a stir. Continue to boil for sometime.
Mix custard powder in the milk kept aside.
Put this mixture into the milk and stir. Let boil for sometime.
Turn off the gas and allow to cool.
Peel the skin of pear and cut into chunks.
On cooling, mix with the prepared custard. Serve chilled.
- Peeling of skin is optional. If you are a health freak, use with the skin. It has many anti oxidants.
- Consistency of custard should neither be too thick or thin.
My other pear recipes can be viewed here
Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free!