15 savoury snacks for festive season
Snack recipes / Savoury Snacks for festive season
Published on October 22, 2020

Every year we look forward to this season of festivals. A lot of preparations usually go on as children eagerly await Navaratri and Diwali. Good food, schools would be closed and lots of fun.

Things are different this year, but let’s hope things will be better soon. Keeping the spirit of festivities alive, here are the savoury snacks from the blog.

I am planning to make some new recipes too, will soon update about it.

Among these recipes, which recipe would you like to make ? Children are at home these days, snacks are essential.

1. Chakli/ Murukku: These are usually prepared during major festivals. I have shared a couple of varieties here as Butter Murukku and Split gram murukku.
  2. Sev: This is another festive snack, it pairs well with any breakfast.
  3. Poha Chivda: It is one of the essentials in any South Indian home. It is easy to prepare and stays good for a long time.
  4. Nippattu and Kodbole: They are loved by all, they are festive treats that all of us relish.
  5. Mathri: These are one of the snacks I often make at home as my children love them.

All the recipes are given below. You can check by clicking on the title or the picture.

Poha Chiwda

Butter Murukku

Split Gram Murukku

Ring Murukku

Instant Chakli

Besan Sev

Palak Sev

Chiwda

Nippattu

Kodbole

Masala Mathri

Methi Mathri

methi mathri

methi mathri makes a good tea time snack.

Namak Pare

namak pare

namak pare, tasty snacks to binge

Baked Wheat Crackers

Baked Wheat Crackers

Baked Wheat Crackers are crispy and tasty.

Salted Cashewnuts

salted cashew nut / masala kaju

salted cashew nut / masala kaju

I will  be adding more to this list soon. If you have liked this post, do share it further with your family and friends. Save it for later by pinning it.

15 savoury snacks for festive season

If you ever make any of these recipes, take a picture and share it by tagging @foodiejayashree on Instagram or @evergreendishes on Facebook. I will be glad to see and share your creation further.
Check out my e-books on Amazon. Do not miss any post. Subscribe to get all updates and an e-book for free !

1. Sandhya

These look delicious Jayashree. How are you all doing?

• Jayashree

Thankyou Sandhya. We are doing well. Wishing all of you happy festivities.

• Sandhya

happy Diwali Jayashree!

2. Maria

What a splendid collection of snacks for the hostess trolley! Savoury snacks are always my first choice to go with a cup of tea. I’ll be spoilt for choice with these!

• Jayashree

Thankyou Maria

• Priya Vj

Loved this consolidated collection of Diwali special recipes..these can be a ready reconer to refer quickly. Bookmarked it

3. Linsy Patel

What a lovely spread, I still have to start making goodies for Diwali. Will take some ideas from here.

4. Shobha Keshwani

What a lovely collection of snacks. I have to try out the palak sev. That is something I haven’t tried as yet. I always prefer namkeen over sweets.

5. Mina Joshi

A brilliant selection of Diwali recipes which can be made anytime. I prefer making savoury murukku type od snacks as they are pefect for snacking.

6. Preethicuisine

Fabulous compilation of festive recipes for Diwali. Easier for readers who are still unsure of what to make . Savoury snacks are so addictive .

7. Heidi Roberts

I would love to be invited to a party with all of these snacks!

A delicious collection of snacks that one can prepare during any festival. What has caught my eye is the ring murukku. They look so cute.

9. priyavaasu

Thats one lovely collection of diwali snacks jayashree! Lots of options to choose from!!! Love those salted cashews, our favorite!!!

1. Ribbon Pakoda / how to make ribbon pakoda - Ever Green Dishes - […] check out my other savoury snack recipes for […]