Chocolate chia seed pudding is a tasty, easy to make, high fiber, protein packed ideal for breakfast. It can be made in fifteen minutes with a little preparation.
Chia seeds are the essential nutrients of these days. They are nutrient dense consisting of 3 fatty acids, protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and polyphenolic anti-oxidants. They aid in digestion, help in weight loss, consists of essential minerals and anti- oxidants.
I am a little late to this band wagon of chia seeds but so happy to get into it. I have used it many times earlier, but now as a health food.
Chia seed is the new age food which has made the food industry go crazy with its varied uses and multiple benefits. It is the edible seed of Salivia Hispancia, a flowering plant in the mint family. It is native to Central America.
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- It is low calorie and rich in nutrients.
- It is loaded with anti- oxidants.
- Chia seed has high quality protein. This aids in loweing the appetite.
- It is a low carb food.It is rich in fiber that helps one to keep full for a longer time. Thus it may help to reduce weight.
- It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- It helps to reduce the blood sugar levels.
Uses of Chia Seeds:
- It can be used in smoothies.
- It is particularly used in puddings.
- Use it in milk shakes and cold coffee.
- Sprinkle it in on salads
- Add them in muffins and granola bar
Chia seed is ideal as a quick breakfast. It can be tailor made to suit ones needs. The basic one is using milk and vanilla essence but one can change it to chocolate flavour. If you are a vegan, use coconut milk or almond milk. The strawberries are not yet available here, so I topped it with pomegranate arils. You can use banana or apple too along with a few dry fruits. Now, sugar may be used or it can be substituted with honey or agave. Thus, one can play around with a lot of options here.
Soaking of chia seeds:
Chia seeds need to be soaked for at least two hours and then chilled to taste good. The best way is to mix the chia seeds in milk or any other that you are using and keep it in the refrigerator over night. It gives a distinctive texture, they expand, become softer and show a silky velvety texture.
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Chocolate chia seed pudding is a tasty, easy to make, high fiber, protein packed ideal for breakfast, snack or as a dessert.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- sweetener any, sugar, honey, maple syrup,
- pomegranate arils
Put the chia seeds in milk and mix it. Add sugar. Keep it aside for two hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Add chocolate syrup. Pour in two glasses. Top with pomegranate arils and serve.
- Use any berry for topping.
- Banana may be used.
- You can use vanilla essence instead of chocolate syrup. Cocoa powder may also be used.
- Make it vegan by using coconut milk or almond milk.
- Top with dry fruits if needed.
- Any sweetener can be used. Feel free to use sugar.
If you ever make this recipe, do take a picture and tag @foodiejayashree on Instagram or @evergreendsihes on twitter
If you like my recipes, do subscribe and get updates in your inbox. More tasty recipes coming on blog. Stay tuned.