South Indian Thali
South Indian Thali
Published on July 20, 2018

Presenting a South Indian thali for the first time on the blog.

It’s been sometime I posted anything on the blog, I have been busy in getting my blog updated, at last, it is almost undone and I am so happy with the new look.

A thali is a platter full of all the dishes prepared.It is a complete meal. Today, I present to you a South Indian Thali, this is more prevalent in Karnataka.

I had never thought of taking a picture of thali until the discussion started amongst we friends. Jagruti, Sapana and myself decided to put a thali picture weekly on instagram, just for fun. So, thus this picture.

In the thali are dal with green leaf, rasam, salad, moong stir fry, curd, chapati and rice. This is the usual meal I prepare most days at home. The links to all the dishes are provided.

South Indian Thali

South Indian Thali

Dal with green leaf is a tasty accompaniment that pairs both with rice and chapati. It is commonly called as muddipalya in kannada. The goodness of lentil and the nutrients of the green leaf makes it one of the healthy choices for a vegetarian diet, isn’t it?

Rasam is mainly used with hot steamed rice.

Tomato and cucumber salad is an accompaniment with chapati.

Green moong stir fry is liked by all at home and thus make it quite regularly.

The food of south indians is incomplete without curds rice. Mango pickle, thokku and appalams are usually found in all homes.

What is the usual daily food in your home? Do let me know in the comments below.

If you ever recreate this thali, do not forget to tag evergreendishes on Facebook or Instagram. I would like to see your creation.

south indian thali

south indian thali

If you have liked the post, do share it further.

Follow evergreendishes on other social media, let’s be connected.

Subscribe to get a free e-book of handyhints and all updates in your inbox.

1. Shobha Keshwani

South Indian thali meal is something I crave for always. Yummylicious !

2. Malini

Perfect South Indian Thali. I would love to make varieties like this once in a while. Thanks for the share.

3. JollyHomemadeRecipes

This is interesting and yummy thali with so many nice flavours. Looks great.

4. Sandhya

I love thalis as one gets to taste a variety of traditional recipes. Your South Indian Thali is superb!

5. Priya Srinivasan

A simple and perfect meal, Looks delicious and tempting!!!

6. Annapurnaz

South Indian thali looks good with simple everyday meal

7. Lathiya

I crave a good south Indian thaali..this looks great..would love to have it right now…the blog update looks great Jaya…the blog header only green is visible either you can use different color for other words or change the background color

8. Jagruti Dhanecha

You must make full south indian thali when I visit India 🙂 Such a hearty and comforting meal .

Yes, sure, do visit us sometime.

9. code2cook

This south indian thali looking so delicious and finger licking food in has. As of now it is my dream to cook so many dishes at one time. just amazing.

Thankyou so much.

10. poonampagar

The south Indian thali looks so comforting and flavorful Jayashree !

Thankyou Poonam.

11. Ruchisvegkitchen

South Indian thali looks superb .. Tasty and delicious .. love such yummy thalis

Thankyou Ruchi

12. Preethi Prasad

South Indian Thali looks scrumptious Jayashree. Fantastic share.

Thankyou Preethi

13. cookingwithsapana

Lovely south indian thali Jayshree, I wish were neighbors so I could have tasted it.

Thankyou Sapana, do visit us sometime.

14. Vanitha Bhat

Simple, comforting and delicious south Indian thali! Would love to enjoy this every day….fabulous dishes!

15. meghnasfoodalogue

Great south Indian Thali, looks absolutely delicious. I love such comfort foods on regular basis 🙂

16. Soma Mukherjee

So many tempting dishes in one thali, these kind of meals are the best soulfood ever .

I love thalis as it gives one the option of having a variety of food.. a bit of this a bit of that. I haven’t made a full thali in a long time, should make one.

18. Padma

What an awesome spread!!….Looks absolutely delicious…Yummy share Jaya 🙂

who will say no to this delicious and tempting thali.thanks for sharing the recipe.

20. Sasmita Sahoo Samanta

Ahat an awesome platter !!
    Looks absolutely delicious…I love this type of south Indian spread 🙂

21. Praneetha

Perfect South Indian thali. So hearty and homely it looks. Would love to see more of such platters here 🙂

22. Renu Agrawal Dongre

Yummy , delicious and a wholesome thali. Somehow I have stopped making thalis, but seeing this pics, makes me tempt to make it.