Seekh Moong Kabab

Kabab or kebab have been very popular these days. Though originated in Middle eastern Asia, they have now become popular world wide. It is usually pieces of meat or vegetables  binded together on  a skewer and grilled or roasted. But today, I find that they can be put on a skewer or made into flat round balls and  served.These make excellent starters and today I find them to be a guilt free food for us. Here is one healthy, Seekh Moong Kebab for you.

When the theme of our blog hop was decided as “biryani and kebab” I really tried, searched and made my own versions by making a few changes. But, on the final day, I did post only one recipe and that was of Brown rice Biryani.

Seekh moong kabab is healthy and tasty, something different from the usual routine. I have served it with tzatziki dip. You can also use mint chutney.

Ingredients :

• salt
  • corn flour with water
  • oil
seekh moong kebabs  Seekh Moong Kabab moong kebabs

seekh moong kebabs

Method :

Boil the moong with one cup of water. Let all the water evaporate. You can mash it with the back of the ladle. Let it cool. Add the potatoes, onion , peas and all the other spice powders to it.

Make balls of it, flatten it between palms and keep aside.

Mix cornflour and water to a paste.

Heat a skillet. I prefer using  Nirlep appliances, they last for a long time. You can check them.Take a patty dip it in the paste and put it on the skillet. Put some oil on it.  Allow to cook on both sides until golden brown in colour.

Seekh moong  kabab is ready to serve.

I love Nirlep appliances. They are one of the renowed manufacturers of non stick cookwares. They are of good quality and last for many years.

seekh moong kebabs  Seekh Moong Kabab moong kebabs

seekh moong kebabs

A few other kabab recipes from the blog:

We are now on mobile app. Do download the app

We are now easily accessible at the touch of the button.

Do download the app on mobile https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gembox.info.evergreendishes

Subscribe to get a book of handy hints for free !

book of handyhints  Seekh Moong Kabab book pic

book of handyhints

Summary
recipe image  Seekh Moong Kabab moong kebabs
Recipe Name
Seekh Moong Kebab
Published On
Preparation Time
Cook Time
Total Time

1. looks so perfect and yummy

2. Piyali says:

The Moong dal kebabs look delicious Jaya. I have bookmarked the recipe and am going to make them one of these days. Will let you know once I make them. Thanks for the lovely recipe dear.

3. kushi says:

love this healthy and yummy kabab dear

4. Gauri says:

These look great 🙂 I had made similar ones adding veggies too. Loving these

5. Anu Nagaraja says:

lovely one Jaya looks soo inviting and perfect!

6. The moong dal kebabs sounds like a nice dish to try for a light dinner or even a good snack for tea time… so well made, and also nothing that doesn’t go well with a yogurt dip!

7. These are delicious and a healthy way to include lentils and veggies in the form of a quick snack. I make these with masoor dal and paneer too. Great share.

8. I am a great fan of moong daal and now I can enjoy this a a kebab. Thanks for sharing, will try this soon?

9. Perfect kebab with a dip.. Awesome for a winter evening snack..

10. Basically I am a kabab lover but lazy to make. Lovely Colour. But doesn’t green moong gives that strong flavour?? I must try once. Recipe looks easy. Thank you Jayashree.

11. Loved how you incorporated Mung Dal in the recipe. A must make for sure!!

12. Lathiya says:

This looks totally delicious ? perfect pair with hot chai

13. The weather is cool here and the kebabs are so tempting.

14. Nisha Ramesh says:

Oh I Love a good kebab. 🙂 Will definitely try these out. 🙂

15. Wow this is delicious. I will love to try it out. Thanks for submitting it to cooking on Tawa- Kid’s Delight, Kindly link it to my announce and to Srivalli’s post.

16. Ritu Tangri says:

My son is a foodie and needs something different everyday. This moong kababis haelthy and seems delicious too.. Going to be my next kababs 🙂

17. Jagruti says:

These looks so tempting and easy recipe. Healthy and delicious!

18. Perfecto!! All I need is a cup of hot chai and a plate of these yumm kabab!! Love it!!

19. Swati says:

Loved the recipe Jaya, I am surely giving it a try , as it is gluten free, I am encouraged to try this. Very healthy and delicious recipe

20. Sapana Behl says:

Such a nice idea to use moong dal to making kebabs. They look delicious.

21. actually the idea of making seekh kebabs from the moong is unique… what a lovely share!

Seekh Moong Kabab