Soya chunks pulav is tasty and easy to make one pot meal, providing with the necessary proteins to the body. Soyabean is a good source of nutrition for vegetarians and these chunks can be used easily in cooking.
Being a vegetarian, dairy products, green leafy vegetables, legumes and pulses play an important role in our diet on daily basis. Of late, quinoa and soya have made their existence.
I have added beet and cauliflower also along with the regular veggies. Soya chunks are of “Nutrela” brand. While boiling, adding a pinch of salt gives taste to it. Do take a look at the recipe, I have tweaked it than the usual one and it was good. Over to the recipe of SOYA CHUNKS PULAV
- Measurement : 1 cup=250ml
- rice (basmati) 1 cup
- beans 15-20
- carrot 1
- cauliflower 1/4
- beetroot 1/2
- onion 2 (small)
- cloves 3
- cardamom 3
- cinnamon 1 inch
- shahjeera 1/2tsp
- bay leaf 1
- mint leaves 1/2 cup
- coriander 1 cup
- green chilly 1
- ginger 1 inch
- garlic 5 cloves
- oil ghee mixture 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- water 2 cups
- soya chunks 30
- Cut the veggies into small pieces and put them seperately in water.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for fifteen minutes.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander, green chilly, ginger, garlic and two tablespoon of onion to a paste.
- Take the oil -ghee mixture in a pressure cooker and throw in the spices. After a few seconds, put the onions and saute them for a while.
- Now, add the beans and saute them.
- Throw in the carrots, beet and cauliflower, in the order and mix accordingly.
- Add the rice and gently mix it.
- Put the green paste and saute for thirty seconds.
- Add two cups of water and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Close the lid and keep the whistle. Cook for one whistle.
- Put the soya chunks in water with a little salt. Boil for two minutes.
- Once the pressure releases, remove the lid and gently mix it.
- Sueeze the water from the soya chunks and put it in the pulav.
- Serve with onion raita or any gravy.
Grind coriander, mint leaves, ginger, green chilly and cloves of garlic, along with two tablespoon of onions.
Veggies at a glance.
The paste is ready.
The spices that I used.
Heat the oil ghee mixture. Add the spices and let it splutter for a few seconds. Then, add the onions.
Once the onions are partially cooked. add the vegetables as beans, carrot, beet root, cauliflower accordingly. Finally add the rice. Again give a stir.
Now, add the green paste and mix gently. After thirty seconds, add water and salt. Give a stir, close the lid and keep the whistle. Allow to cook for one whistle.
Boil the soya chunks in water for two minutes. Squeeze the water out and add to the pulav. Put a pinch of salt while boiling them.
Once the pressure releases, remove the lid and gently mix the veggies and rice together. Add the soya chunks to it and serve.
Soya chunks Pulav is ready to serve. You can use onion raita or any gravy along with it.
If you are using a rice cooker, you can follow the same steps until you saute the rice, then put it in the electric cooker and add the water.
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ link=”” /]
Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free !