Winter brings it own blessings for us. Beautiful season awaits along with good food for the taste buds.This cold weather, urges us to deep fry some snacks as pakodas and other kind with a cup of hot tea. Bread pakoda is an easy to make snack that can be made in a jiffy. Do give a try to this version of mine.
The only essential is bread, preferably a day old. I have added onions and coriander to the batter which give a tinge of taste to it. This is a new concept of mine, usually it is dipped only in gram flour and fried.The batter should be a little thick in consistency, otherwise the onions will not cover it.Over to the recipe below, for more details.
- bread 6 slices
- oil for frying
- For the batter :
- gramflour 2cups
- chilli powder 2tsp
- onion 1 cut finely
- coriander f1 tbsp finely chopped
- salt to taste
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- chat masala 1/2tsp
- cumin 1/2 tsp
- water for dough
- Mix all the ingredients under the heading “for the batter” The dough should be slightly thick in consistency.
- Cut the bread slices into four pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take a slice of the bread piece, dip it in the batter, and once it is hot, slowly put it in the oil.Add three to four pieces at a time.
- Deep fry on both sides.
- Remove and put it on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Happy Republic Day ! Jai Hind !
My other snack recipes are of various kind. Do have a look by clicking here.
Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ link=”” /]