Kachori is a savoury snack which originated in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Today, it is popular in many states as Madhya pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra and all the northern states. Various kind are prepared with different filling inclusive of sweet and dry fruits. Both baked and fried versions are made. It’s festivity time and the theme of our blog hop is “Kachoris ” I am presenting to you a popular and tasty one ” Khasta Kachori ” Do find a picturesque presentation below.
For the dough :
- Refined flour 2 cups
- soda 1/2 tsp
- salt 1/2 tsp
- oil 3tbsp
For the filling :
- urad dal 1/2 cup
- green chilly
- ginger 1 inch
- dhania powder 1tsp
- cuminpowder 1/2 tsp
- fennel powder 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder 2tsp
- sugar 1/2 tsp
- cashew pieces
- oil for deep frying
Take a tip : I pounded fresh spice powder and it tasted great. Take a spoon each of dhania, cumin and fennel and powder it in the small jar.
To make the dough :
- Sift the flour, salt and soda together.
- Add oil and mix well with fingers.
- Knead to a dough of thick consistency,
- Cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside.
To make the filling :
- Soak the urad dal for an hour.
- Coarsely grind it along with ginger and green chilly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the ground paste to it.
- Along with it add asafoetida and other spice mix.
- Let the moisture evaporate. Add salt and lime juice.
- Let cool.
To make the kachoris :
- Make 15 balls of the dough and the filling.
- Take a ball of the dough, roll it into a puri. Keep it thick at the centre and thin at the edges.
- Take a ball of the mixture, enclose it by sealing the edges.
- Flatten it by pressing with fingers.
- Repeat for others.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Deep fry by putting three or four at a time.
- It should be golden in colour.
- Remove and put it on absorbent paper.
- Serve with sweet chutney and green chutney.
Do check out the other variety of kachoris by Culinary Hoppers.
Aloo pyaz ki kachori by Vani
Green peas kachori by Piyali
Tuvar lilva kachori by Parvathy
Sattu ki kachori by Swati
Dry fruit kachori by Padma
Khasta kachori by Shubha
Whole mung baked kachori by Anu
Kabuli channa kachori by Shobana
Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free.
Glad if you could share it !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]