orange zest cookies
Published on October 12, 2015

Baking has been one of my interests, though I have not advented much. It had always been with microwave, but this time I thought of trying in my OTG which had been lying unused. Yes, it is again the time of our blog hop with the theme “baking ” and today I am sharing with you delicious orange zest cookies.

These cookies with orange zest and juice along with tuti fruiti  and cashews is flavourful and makes me get back to baking it again.

A few pointers to use Oven Toaster Grill.

Preheating of  the oven is a necessity. Mine is Bajaj Majesty 700QT . Here I have used 2 on the dialer.

Different time is necessary for baking different dishes. Refer catalogue and your experience is the best outcome.

One needs to keep a watch, lest the food may get burnt. The aroma of baked dishes reaches outside first.

Do not touch with hand.

Cooling on the rack is essential.

If you are on the lookout for bajaj appliances, you can check them here

Here is the recipe of my cookie :

Ingredients :

Method :

1. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and orange zest together. For the orange zest, I have grated the skin of orange and used it. Be careful not to use the pith of it.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar, till it is soft and fluffy.
  3. Now, add the juice and the flour to it and gently mix them together to form a dough of thick consistency.
  4. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
  5. Before baking ,pre-heat the oven
  6. Line the tray with parchment paper and grease with little butter and dust with flour.
  7. Shape them into cookies and keep them in the oven to bake.
  8. Initially I put the time dial on 3 . Then again I put it for 1
  9. Remove them slowly and keep them on the wire rack to cool.
  10. Store orange zest cookies in air tight container.
  11. Alternatively, you can bake in microwave oven too.

These are the various other delicacies of my friends .

And here are the links of those tasty bakes

Garlicky pull apart buns by Shubha

Iyengar Khara Biscuits by Anu

Rosemary Zucchini bread by Padma

Jam filled cookies by vani

Coconut lemon muffins by Piyali

Eggless Pumpkin Bread

1. Gauri

They look great 🙂 I can feel the citrus flavours right looking at the pic 🙂

Thanyou dear Gauri

2. Shubha

Delicious cookies ..wish i could grab a few:)

Thankyou dear Shubha

3. marudhuskitchen

A wonderful flavours of orange are just awesome…super yumm post

Thankyou so much Vani

4. padma

I love the orange zesty flavour in the cookies…Looks delicious..want to grab a few:)

Thankyou dear Padma

5. Anu Nagaraja

the orange zest cookies are calling to be eaten – nom nom nom 🙂 with the beautiful citrus flavours, I’m sure they are super delicious dear!

Thankyou dear Anu..we liked them

6. Piyali Mutha

Please send me a jar of these cookies. I can imagine how fragrant your kitchen must have been , when you were baking these yummy delights. They are simply Yummm.

Thankyou so much dear Piyali

7. Parvathy V Nair

Super delicious Jaya , I would love to have some cookies parceled as well 😉 . Such a simple recipe and you have explained it so well , I also love how you have mentioned the usage of the oven very clearly ..

Thankyou so much Parvathy 🙂

1. Rustic Rosemary Garlic Zucchini Bread - Masalakorb - […] Jayashree’s Orange Zest Cookies […]
  2. jam filled shortbread cookies /biscuits | Marudhuskitchen - […] 3. Jayashree trao […]