Ompudi is one of the popular snacks. It is commonly called as khara sev. It is made of gramflour. It is tasty and a favourite snack in most house holds.
It can be made quiet conveniently, without much hassles. It does not require much time like other snacks which need a lot of work. Oil consumed too is comparatively less.
- gram flour 2 cups
- rice flour 2tbsp
- ajwain powder 2tsp
- salt to taste
- chilli powder 2tsp
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- water for kneading
- oil for frying
kadai, ladle, serving plate, chakli press with medium hole nozzle, absorbent paper, air tight container
- Take the flour in a wide bowl. Add chilli powder,salt, turmeric powder,asafoetida , chilli powder and mix well. Heat the oil in a kadai. As it heats, put two table spoon of oil to this and knead it with adequate quantity of water to a stiff dough.
- Grease some oil to the press. The nozzles can be changed, use the one with medium size hole for this recipe.
- Take a ball of the dough, put it into it and slowly press it into the oil in circular.
- Deep fry by spreading some oil over it . After sometime, turn it to other side.
- Once it is brown in colour, remove it on an absorbent paper.
- When cool, store in an air tight container.
Subscribe to get book of handyhints for free ! Glad if you can share it.
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]