Ragda Patties
Published on July 22, 2015

Ragda Paatis is a very popular chaat . It is a one filling meal. It can be easily prepared if you have the soaked peas. Potato tikkis or patties are prepared and served with a delectable dish of peas, topped  with various chutneys.

With this dish on mind, I was on the look out for this recipe from various sources. Nothing seemed to appease me.Atlast, I prepared my sister Gayatri’s  recipe and it turned out awesome. Without much ado let me take you to the recipe. This post is also a part of our Culinary Hoppers Team with the theme “Chaats ”

My other chaat recipes are here:

Pre-requisites

• sweet chutney
  • green chutney

Sweet Chutney

Green Chutney

INGREDIENTS

For Ragda

dry peas 1/4 kg

onion 2 finely  cut

tomato 3 finely cut

coriander or dhania powder 2tsp

garam masala powder 1tsp

chilli powder 1 tsp

salt to taste

ginger garlic paste 1 tsp (fresh)

oil 1tbsp

For the patties

• potato 1/2kg
  • cornflour 2tbsp
  • green chilly 4
  • coriander 1/2 bunch
  • oil for shallow frying

Note : Patties kept on the skillet are rightly cooked. The picture below was taken prior and I was unable to taken another picture again.

For serving :

• green chutney
  • sweet chutney
  • small sev

Let’s get cooking Ragda Patties in steps :

To make ragda

• Boil peas in a pressure cooker for three whistles. They should be tender.
  • Take oil in a kadai and saute the onions until translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and let cook for some time. Then, add the tomatoes and allow to cook for sometime.
  • Add the coriander powder, garam masala , chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Allow the spices to blend together.
  • Mash the peas with the ladle and mix into the kadai. Allow to cook for sometime on slow flame.
  • Remove and keep aside.

To make patties :

• Boil the potatoes and keep aside.
  • Peel the skin and mash them. It is good to add cold water, peel and mash. Allowing them to cool, makes them hard.
  • Make a paste of coriander and green chilly.
  • Mix corn flour, paste and salt together.
  • Heat a flat skillet.
  • Make round,flat thick balls as tikkis.
  • Smear a little oil on the skillet and keep these tikkis.
  • On a slow flame, cook them on both sides until golden brown in colour.

Take a note :

• Keeping the  flame low  ensures  even  cooking of the patties.
  • You can make around seven to eight  at a time.

To serve :

Take a plate and arrange two patties on it. Pour two tablespoon of prepared ragda over them. Add some sweet chutney and green chutney over it. Finally, decorate with sev and serve ragda patties.

Other recipes of Culinary Hoppers are listed below

Subscribe to get an e-book of handyhints for free !

Sharing is Caring

1. Piyali

Loved your Ragda Patties totally Jaya. Your dish looks so inviting. I am so craving for that plate of Radga Patties. It is yummy yummy.

Thankyou so much dear Piyali

2. Swati

Awesome Post Jaya…Loved the Ragda patties!They look so tempting!

Thankyou dear Swati

Thankyou dear Vani

3. Gurunath Nakka

The chat looks delicious and mouth watering Jayashree Ji…

Thankyou Gurunathji

4. Padma

The chaat looks absolutely mouthwatering and I can just finish the bowl!!

Thankyou Padma

5. Gauri

Ragda pattice is my all time favourite, miss it here … Your post brought back the taste

Many thanks Gauri

LOVE ragda patties. So yummy 🙂

7. Meera Girdhar

I am big chat Lover And Jaya your plate of ragda patties is looking super tempting .

8. Nand

What a lovely presentation. I love ragda patties and this is such an easy recipe

9. Mayuri Patel

I love ragda patties, its one of my favorite food. Haven’t made it in a long time.

10. Padmajha PJ

One of my favorite chaat, but I have never made it at home!!

11. Jagruti

I love Hot hot Ragda patties in winter, every new year eve we prepare when we have chat parties.

12. Jayasri

Oh! Yes!! Any time chat time and we love Ragda pattice! This reminds me of home now!

13. Priya Srinivasan

Aww, I love ragda patties, wish I could taste some from the pictures! Yummm!

14. Priya Srinivasan

Oh that looks delicious! I love ragda patties,’wish I could taste some from the pictures! Totally drooling !

15. Sapana Behl

I love ragda patties to the core and this looks totally sinful.

16. Ruchisvegkitchen

I am a big fan of Ragda pattice. Loved yours. So inviting

Thankyou Ruchi.

17. Vidya Narayan

Chaats are my eternal love and weakness both and this just makes me wanna grab a plate and eat some!

All is yours Vidya ! Thanks for the visit dear.

18. Mina Joshi

We love ragda patis and make them very similar to your recipe. Your recipe reminds me that I haven’t had them for a while.

Thankyou Mina, glad to know that you prepare similar kind.

19. simplyvegetarian777

Oh my yummm Jaya! You can’t believe how much I am craving Chaat these days and it is not easy to go out and eat chaat in USA. I am totally slurping on it!

Thankyou Sonal, chaats are my weakness too.

20. Priya Satheesh

Looks so yum and delicious! I love Chaat and this one is making me feel hungry now.

Thankyou Priya for the visit and appreciation.

21. afroz261

Ragda pattis is one of my favorite chaat items. I am so tempted to make some today after seeing you post ??

Thankyou Afroz.

Thankyou Sharmila.

22. Bhawana

mouthwatering ragda patties. Looking so tempting. I can finish all patties in one go.

Thankyou Bhawna.

23. theyellowdaal

Somehow don’t like ragda patice but my hubby likes. Now I have a recipe that I can try for him😊

Good to know that Avin. Thanks for the visit dear.

24. Lathiya

I love all kinds of Chaat.. this looks delicious

Thankyou Lathiya..same here, I am a fan of chaats.

25. Annapurnaz

Yesterday only, I made ragda pattice, but couldnt click the pics as usual. That is the reason, till date I haven’t posted it on my blog. You have given me a boost to make again this lip smacking chat before my kids turn up so as to click pics. Thanks for inspiration 🙂

True, I too miss so many times that way. Glad you liked it. Hope to see this on your blog soon.

26. simplysensationalfood

What a lovely recipe that is protein packed and so delicious. This makes a great lunch dish.

Thankyou 🙂 Yes, ideal for brunch too.

I’m a huge fan of raga patties and haven’t had it in a long time. I don’t like the variety they make as street food as they use chana. I love the one with peas. After going through your post..am now craving for some.

28. Priya Srinivasan

I m having my breakfast and commenting on your post! This is making me more hungry!!! Love ragda patties, lip smacking good!

1. Chaat Special|Indian Spicy Snacks! | LET'S COOK HEALTHY TONIGHT! - […] Vanihttp://marudhuskitchen.com/www/channa-chaat-recipe-chickpeas-chaatgarbanzo-beans/ Jayashree Thttps://www.evergreendishes.com/2015/07/22/ragda-patties/ https://www.evergreendishes.com/2015/07/22/dahi-puri/ Piyali […]