Chaats are much loved by my kids and when the theme of our bloghop was decided with this one, I had so many in my mind. But soon, it was Dahi Puri and Ragada Pattis I satisfied myself with. Today, one can enjoy all the tasty chaats from Culinary Hoppers.
These chaats are very popular in North India. From samosas to raj kachori and bhel puri a lot of variety are prepared. Curds is used as an additional topping in some of these recipes. Here is one such kind.
Dahi Puri is quiet similar to Sev Puri, the addition of spicedyoghurt (Dahi)and the use of puffed puris (golgappa puris) makes all the difference. One can easily make it if you have the chutneys and a few other ingredients.
- puffed small puris 12
- boiled potatoes 2
- onion 1
- red chilli powder 1to 2 tsp
- rock salt (optional)
- dates tamarind chutney
- green chutney
- curd 1/2 bowl
- chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- small sev for topping
To make :
- Mash the potatoes and mix it with a little salt and chilly powder.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Beat the curds and mix it with chat masala, chilli powder and rock salt.
- Diluteboth the chutney with little water.
- Take six puris and slowly break a little at the top, to make an opening.
- Arrange them in a plate.
- Fill each one of them with a little potato mixture and onions.
- Add half a tea spoon of the chutneys and top with sev.
- Finally, add a little of yoghurt mix into each of them and serve immediately. As the curds is added, they will turn soggy.
To make dates chutney and green chutney click on the name or picture.
Happy Cooking !!
Subscribe to get recipes in your inbox and an e-book of handyhints !
Do share this if you have liked it !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]