July 1 is celebrated as “National Doctors Day ” in India . These professionals spend and dedicate a lot of their time in the service of humanity. They treat the sick and assure to give all the help that they can, for the inevitable, no one can avoid. A yeoman service to the society. On this day, I present a spinach salad, dedicated to all the doctors.
Salads form an important part of our diet, more so on the recommendation of doctors.
Benefits of spinach :
Spinach is very essential in a vegetarian diet as it contains a lot of nutrients as vitamin K, viamin A, magnesium, calcium, magnesium and folate along with dietary fibre. One cannot ignore this from their diet.
Serve it :This salad is good as a snack or as an accompaniment.
- baby spinach leaves 15
- sweet corn 1 bowl
- almonds 4
- raisins 10
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- lemon juice
- Choose tender spinach leaves. Wash them, cut them into bits and let dry on a colander.
- Put the frozen corn in water for sometime. If you are using fresh corn kernels , you need to boil them.
- Cut the almonds, into thin strips.
- Take a wide bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Put some salt and mix well.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Serve chilled.
Take a note : Adjust the quantity of ingredients to your needs.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET A FREE E-BOOK OF HANDYHINTS
[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]
Glad if you could share it on your social networks
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]