June 21 is Father’s Day. A day we need to dedicate to the most important man who help us in bringing up.Mother’s have always played an important role in our lives. We love their cooking and the way they handle the situations, they are the one to whom we share all our joys and sorrows, they seem to be our best friends. But unknowingly we take the man who supports us all for granted. The unconditional love to his children, constantly bringing in new stuff at home and one who never bothers to spend on himself, a special place he holds in the heart of the members of the family. Today, on this ” Fathers Day Special ” of GKT I attribute this post to my dad.
Mangoes have always been the favourite of my dad.As the season of mangoes comes to an end, today I present to you the mango and coconut delight for this ocassion. Nothing could be more apt, then the sweet made of luscious mangoes with the gratings of fresh coconut.
- coconut 1 1/2 cup ( 1 coconut)
- mango pulp 11/2 cup ( 6 mangoes )
- sugar 5cups
- cashew 10
- cardamom powder 1/2tsp
- ghee 3tsp + for greasing
- Grate the coconut slowly . Avoid using the beneath gratings.
- Extract the pulp of the mangoes.
- Take a thick bottom pan and add the grated coconut, mango pulp and sugar. Heat on a slow flame. Keep stirring.
- It continues to boil, after some time add the cashew pieces and the ghee.
- Smear some ghee to a circular plate.
- Once, it thickens, pores are visible, indicating the final round up.
- Add the cardamom powder and remove from flame.
- Pour to the greased plate.
- Cut into pieces after sometime.
- Store in an airtight container.
I hope you have liked this recipe of mine. Do subscribe to get a book of handy hints for free.