God could not be everywhere and hence he made mothers. It’s so true, mothers person plays a vital role in shaping our lives. The efforts they have put in is unmeasurable and the value is realised only when we are in their position. Today, on this wonderful day, I attribute this post to my dear mom. My wishes to all mother’s out there.
Spinach rice is a tasty dish which I have picked it from my mom. It is healthy as it contains iron, zinc and calcium. This recipe is simple and hence does not need elaborate cooking. Let’s get cooking !
- Rice 2 cups
- Spinach 2 clusters
- green chilli 3
- ginger 1 inch
- garlic 2 cloves
- onion 2
- oil 3tbsp
- cinnamon 2 small sticks
- cloves 3
- salt to taste
- Cook rice with four cups of water. The rice grains need to be seperated, hence do not add much water. Once done, remove it and put it in a wide plate to cool.
- Remove the stalk of the spinach, wash and cut into half. Blanch for two minutes.
- Let cool, once done, grind it along with green chilly, ginger and garlic. Make a paste of it.
- Take oil in a pan. Add cinnamon and cloves, after a minute add the onions and let cook until they are translucent.
- Then ,add the prepared paste and fry it for two minutes.
- Add salt.
- Remove from fire.
- Add rice and mix slowly.
- Healthy spinach rice is ready to serve.
Take a tip : Adding of garlic is optional.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL MOMS OF THE WORLD.
The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness
Subscribe to get e-book and recipes directly in your inbox:
Let’s get connected and good to know if you have liked it.