Among the savoury snacks of south india, the most cherished is mirchi bajji, stuffed chilli pakodas which are deep fried in batter of gram flour. Nothing to beat that I beleive followed by onion pakodas. A plate of murmura with these fried snacks, was the most enjoyable pasttime for us during college days , nostalgic memories flooding with this here !
- green chillies 1/2 kg
- gram flour 2 cups
- rice flour 1tbsp
- red chilly powder 1tsp
- ajwain 1/2tsp
- salt to taste
- split dalia 2tbsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- oil for frying
- Wash the green chilly. Pat dry.
- Make an incision in the middle and remove the seeds. Take care, not to break open.
- Grind the split dahlia with salt and asafoetida. This is the stuffing.
- Fill into each one of them.
- Make a batter of medium consistency with gram flour, rice flour,salt,chilli powder and ajwain.
- Heat the oil.
- Dip each one into the batter and slowly let into the oil.
- Deep fry on both sides.
- Remove on an absorbent paper.
- Mirchi bhaji, stuffed chilli pakodas are ready to serve along with rice or as a snack with tea,
GET RECIPES DELIVERED IN YOUR MAILBOX .
[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]