Fresh red tomatoes are seen in the market these days. The prices have come down and the local boys are giving away at very easy prices. I really can’t keep myself away from this veggie. It’s not only packed with all the vital nutrients, but I find it to be the taste enhancer, gives the colourful look to the gravies and can use it in almost anything, except sweets of course !
This instant pickle is tasty and stays good for a few days if refrigerated.
- tomato 1/4 kg
- oil 3tsp
- mustard seeds 1tbsp +1tsp
- tamarind pulp 2tbsp
- asafoetida 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder 1/4tsp
- methi seeds 1/2 tbsp
- chilli powder 2tsp
- curry leaves a few
- Wash and cut the tomatoes.
- Dry roast one tablespoon of mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Keep aside and continue the same with methi seeds. Let cool, and grind to a powder.
- Make seasoning and add tomatoes to it. Add salt, curry leaves and some water. Let cook.
- Add tamarind pulp and chilli powder. Allow to boil for sometime. Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Add the ground powder and let boil for a minute.
- Serve with rice or chapati.
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]