Celebrations and sweets go hand in hand. As this year comes to an end ,here is a sweet dish for you all. May the year ahead be filled with immense joy and prosperity. Wishing all my readers a joyous 2015!
This colourful, aromatic dish is commonly made in Indian households during festivals and loved by all. Sweet rice is a delicious treat with aroma of strands of saffron and dry fruits infused into it. It can be prepared by preparing a sugar syrup of two thread consistency or by letting cook slowly where the sugar dissolves. I am using the second method here.
- rice 1 cup
- sugar 1 cup
- saffron 1 pinch
- cloves 2
- cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- milk 1tbsp
- ghee or clarified butter 1/2 cup
- Add warm milk to saffron strands and keep aside.
- Roast the cashewnuts along with cloves in a little ghee and keep aside.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel ,wash the rice ,add adequate quantity of water and allow to cook on a low flame. Put the saffron into it.
- When the rice is cooked,add sugar and ghee to it , stir and allow to cook on low heat.
- Later,add cardamom powder and garnish with dry fruits.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET A FREE E-BOOK OF HANDYHINTS
[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]
Sharing is Caring
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]