Brownie
Published on December 22, 2014

I love this month, pleasant climate, many celebrations and holidays. It’s that time of the year where we bake goodies and make new resolutions. We look forward to new beginnings again. As usual, my favourite recipe for you with seasons greetings to all of you. May the year ahead be filled with immense joy and happiness.

Brownies are a recent development to the chocolate cake which was  made earlier. Ideal with a cup of tea or for breakfast, these are sure to tempt you to eat more.  Dedicated to all my blog hop friends who have joined me here as we proceed to our next theme of  “Cakes, Pastries and Sweets”

INGREDIENTS

• self raising flour 1 cup
  • dark chocolate 2 cups
  • castor sugar 1/4 cup
  • cocoa powder 60 grams
  • baking powder 1/2 tsp
  • baking soda 1/2 tsp
  • yoghurt 1/4 cup
  • walnuts chopped 1/2 cup

METHOD :

• Grease and line a 6 inch diameter shallow microwave safe bowl and keep aside.
  • Sift together the flour,baking powder and soda and keep aside.
  • Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl on high for thirty seconds.
  • Stir lightly to get a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
  • In a bowl mix castor sugar and butter until soft and creamy.
  • Add the melted chocolate  to the creamy mixture.
  • Now add yoghurt, vanilla essence, flour mixture and walnut pieces and mix lightly.
  • Preheat the microwave.
  • Put the mixture in the greased dish and microwave on high for three to four minutes.
  • Reduce temperature and microwave for another minute.
  • Insert a knife to see that it comes out clean.
  • Brownie is ready to serve,

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Subscribe to get an e-book of handy hints for free !

[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]

Do share on your social net works

1. PIYALI

The brownie looks so soft and moist as if one dig into it and all the chocolatey goodness will ooze out.

Thankyou so much Piyali

2. Deepa N

This Brownie looks delicious. Use of curd is new to me, whether after break, it turnout like lava cake. Soft, creamy and yummy 🙂

Thankyou Deepa

3. Meri Rasoi

The brownie looks nice and moist…delicious!!!

Thankyou so much Subha.

Thankyou so much Subha

4. Ritu Ahuja

This brownie looks absolutely delicious Jayashree. Looks soft and spongy. It is looking so inviting. I would love to grab a bite. 🙂

Thankyou so much Ritu, so good to have these comments here.

5. marudhuskitchen

Absolute ly delicious and spongy…awesome recipe

Thankyou so much Vani

6. Oreeko (@Oreeko)

wow this is delish! I never thought of using yoghurt ! Thanks for the tip and for sharing!

Thankyou so much Oreeko

7. Anu Nagaraja

How wonderful to see a brownie recipe here Jayashree!! The use of curd is new to me too. I am going to try this soon. Addition of walnuts makes it so much healthier – I am imagining the crunch with the gooey, soft yet crunchy brownie – yum 🙂

Thankyou so much Anu