Urad dal wada are tasty and loved by all. It is usually served along with idli in restaurants.
Shaped like doughnuts, these have always been my favourite. With or without chutney, I love these fried dumplings. Today, a sneak and peek at this one.
- urad dal 2 cups
- green chilly 3
- coriander leaves
- curry leaves
- oil for frying
- Soak urad dal in water for two hours.
- Grind it to a fine batter with little water.
- In another jar, grind green chilly and coriander and mix with it. Throw in a few roughly cut curry leaves and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan , when done, beat and take some batter, make a hole with the thumb, and slowly release it into the oil. The making of this wada really needs some practice.
- In the beginning, one may not be able to make them and needs to be satisfied with the usual round balls.
- Fry until brown on medium flame, remove and put them on a tissue paper.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
Other variations :
Serve it immersed in yoghurt with a dressing. It is heaven or serve it immersed in sambar for a hotter version.
Did you like this one ? Subscribe to my blog to get recipes in your inbox and a book free.
Glad if you could share
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]