I am pretty excited as I write this one. Eight like minded bloggers together have started a blog hop and this is our first one. So let me start right away. We will be working on a particular theme, twice a month and its ” Breakfast ” in the beginning. I am making our very own Upma here today.
Upma is a popular south indian breakfast,which needs no introduction. It can be quickly prepared and is tasty. Much varieties with different kind of semolina and veggies can be made.
This version of upma is different from the usual kind as I am using semolina of a different kind. Here,it is Bombay Rawa,that is used to make this one . Let me take you to the recipe.
- semolina (bombay rawa) 2cup
- onions 2
- green chilly 3
- oil 2tbsp
- ghee 1tbsp
- mustard seeds 1/4tsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- bengal gram 2tsp
- urad dal 2 tsp
- cashewnut 6
- curry leaves
- salt to taste
- sugar a pinch
- lemon 1
- water 6 cups
- Take a kadai and put some ghee in it. Add the cashew pieces and semolina and roast slowly on a low flame until light brown in colour. When done,keep aside on a plate.
- Put the oil and the remaining in the kadai, and make the seasoning,add the green chillies, curry leaves and onions and saute till lightly pale in colour.
- Now, add the water and the salt to it.
- Let boil. Once it boils, simmer and slowly add the roasted semolina.Take care as lumps can be very easily formed. Let cook for sometime.
- Add finely cut coriander leaves, sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot with dry chutney if you wish.
After the breakfast, I thought I should serve a milkshake and here is a healthy one for you Oats and Banana Milkshake.
- milk 2glasses
- bananas frozen 3
- oats 1cup
- honey 1tbsp
- ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients together and serve in tall glasses with ice cubes.
Glad if you can share it !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]
Here are the other links of my blog hopping friends.
Subscribe to get an e-book of handyhints.
[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]