Samosas for the weekend!
Published on September 13, 2014

Samosa are an all time favourite at evening parties or get together.  Fills the platter and the tummy and is relished by all,a good snack to make  for the weekend. College students just love this munchy snacks.

for the covering :

• wheat flour 2 cups
  • salt a pinch
  • ghee 2tsp

for the filling ;

• potatoes 3 boiled
  • onion 1 finely cut
  • green peas 1 bowl
  • amchur powder 1/4 tsp
  • coriander powder 1tsp
  •  cumin powder 1 tsp
  • red chilly powder 2 tsp
  • garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
  • coriander leaves finely cut

Other ingredients:

• flour for dusting
  • oil for frying

Procedure :

for the dough :

Mix into a dough with water of thick consistency. Keep aside.

Take oil in a kadai and saute the onions and remove from fire. Add the potatoes and all the ingredients. Mix well and keep aside.

two halves

Take a ball and roll into a thin circle of 5 inches. Cut it in the centre. Take one section and keep aside.  Now ,you should fold into a cone .Place the stuffing and seal the sides with a little water. Deep fry three at a time.

I had prepared medium sized ones.

So, here’s something to cook for the weekend ! Happy Cooking and have  a great weekend ! Do subscribe to get a copy of Book of Handyhints.

***POST UPDATE****

Evergreendishes recipes are now on mobile app. Do download it and  browse easily.

Do download the app on mobile

1. Mums Take Five

yum, these look great. also love the sound of the coconut chutney- yum!! thanks for sharing with us for Sunday Brunch, have a lovely week x

Thankyou so much..:)

2. Pamela M. M. Berkeley

Oh… do samosas normally have amchur powder or do you add it to yours? I’m in India and I love buying samosas here and there when I’m out, but I’ve developed an amchur powder allergy. Of course the nice thing about homemade is I can just leave it out.

Hye Pamela,
      Glad to have you here. All samosas do not have. I like the tinge it gives and hence use it. Thanks for the visit..:)

3. nadine

These look yummy, I love samosas 🙂

Thank you Nadine for the visit and comment

4. Sundari

I am a fan of Samosas… I have tried with mom but not alone.. Have to try.. Instructions are clear…

Thankyou Sundari.Glad you like them and hope you try them too !

5. Pure Grace Farms

I’m thrilled you stopped by and shared at Foodie Fridays. It was fun to share. I am looking forward to seeing what fabulous post you have to share this week. Party starts Thursday at 9 pm EST. Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Shari

Thankyou so much. I shall join your party…:)

6. Lou Lou Girls

Hello sweet lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We love partying with you!http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Hello,
      Thankyou so much. I do enjoy partying with you and shall join again!

1. How to make tasty green chutney | Ever Green Dishes - […] It goes well with any paratha.  It makes a perfect accompaniment   with snacks such as  samosa, cutlets, kachori etc.…