samosa
Samosa | How to make crispy samosa
Published on September 13, 2014

Samosa are an all time favourite snack relished by young and old alike. Crispy, triangular shaped,  filled with tasty fillings and deep fried make sumptuous snack to devour anytime. Love the idea of a samosa for a weekend when children can eat and enjoy their favourite serial, isn’t it?

The filling of a samosa can be of many kind. The most popular one is the potato filling. Mixed vegetables along with boiled potatoes makes a good option. The recent trending ones are the corn samosa, paneer samosa and the dry fruit samosa.

samosa

for the covering :

• wheat flour 2 cups
  • salt a pinch
  • ghee 2tsp

for the filling ;

• potatoes 3 boiled
  • onion 1 finely cut
  • green peas 1 bowl
  • amchur powder 1/4 tsp
  • coriander powder 1tsp
  •  cumin powder 1 tsp
  • red chilly powder 2 tsp
  • garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
  • coriander leaves finely cut

Other ingredients:

• flour for dusting
  • oil for frying

Procedure :

for the dough :

Take the flour in a wide nowl. Add ghee and salt to it. Mix it well with fingers, it should form a crumbly texture. Now, add water in small quantities and mix into a dough  of thick consistency. Cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.

Take oil in a kadai and saute the onions and remove from fire. Add the potatoes and all the ingredients. Mix well and keep aside.

two halves

Take a ball and roll into a thin circle of 5 inches. Cut it in the centre. Take one section and keep aside.  Now ,you should fold into a cone .Place the stuffing and seal the sides with a little water. Heat oil in a pan, once it is hot, put two and deep fry on low flame. Keep tossing with some oil over them in between. Once they are golden, in colour, remove and put them on a tissue paper. Repeat for the remaining.

I had prepared medium sized ones.

samosa

samosa

samosa

So, here’s something to cook for the weekend ! Happy Cooking and have  a great weekend ! Do subscribe to get a copy of Book of Handyhints. If you have liked this post, do share it with your family and friends. If you ever make this, take a picture and share it by tagging @foodiejayashree on Instagram or @evergreendishes on Facebook or Twitter.

1. Mums Take Five

yum, these look great. also love the sound of the coconut chutney- yum!! thanks for sharing with us for Sunday Brunch, have a lovely week x

Thankyou so much..:)

2. Pamela M. M. Berkeley

Oh… do samosas normally have amchur powder or do you add it to yours? I’m in India and I love buying samosas here and there when I’m out, but I’ve developed an amchur powder allergy. Of course the nice thing about homemade is I can just leave it out.

Hye Pamela,
      Glad to have you here. All samosas do not have. I like the tinge it gives and hence use it. Thanks for the visit..:)

3. nadine

These look yummy, I love samosas 🙂

Thank you Nadine for the visit and comment

4. Sundari

I am a fan of Samosas… I have tried with mom but not alone.. Have to try.. Instructions are clear…

Thankyou Sundari.Glad you like them and hope you try them too !

5. Pure Grace Farms

I’m thrilled you stopped by and shared at Foodie Fridays. It was fun to share. I am looking forward to seeing what fabulous post you have to share this week. Party starts Thursday at 9 pm EST. Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Shari

Thankyou so much. I shall join your party…:)

6. Lou Lou Girls

Hello sweet lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We love partying with you!http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Hello,
      Thankyou so much. I do enjoy partying with you and shall join again!

7. Shobha Keshwani

The samosas are so nice and crisp, perfect with masala chai. I like your version with wheat flour.

8. Priya Srinivasan

Potato and peas samosas are classic! Hot samosas with chai is a perfect combo to enjoy on a relaxed evening

I’ve yet to come across anyone who doesn’t like samosa. If you ever get a chance you’ve got to taste the dry fruit ones that are made at the ISKCON in Juhu, they are really delicious. Now am tempted to make these kind of samosas.

10. Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille)

this classic filling combination is such a great party pleaser. No one can say no to these classic delicious samosas

1. How to make tasty green chutney | Ever Green Dishes - […] It goes well with any paratha.  It makes a perfect accompaniment   with snacks such as  samosa, cutlets, kachori etc.…