The semi cooked turdal with methi and onion makes a good accompaniment with roti or jowar. It is one of the dishes which has been cooked since ages and is still prevalent, because of its good taste. Moreover,it is easy to cook and needs no much organising.
- 1 cup turdal
- 2 clusters of methi or fenugreek leaves
- 2 onions finely cut
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of oil
- mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- Cook the tur dal in an open vessel. It should be semi cooked and this cannot be done in a pressure cooker.
- Cut and wash the methi leaves.
- Make the seasoning with green chillies and add onion to it. Saute for a while. Then add the methi leaves to it.
- Drain the cooked dal in a platter . You can use the water for rasam.
- Now, add the cooked dal to it. Add salt and mix well. Simmer for some time.