Methi chapatis are tasty and healthy. It is a popular dish of the Gujaratis. It is known by the name of “Thepla”. It makes an ideal mid day meal or for the lunch box.
The ingredients that you need are:
- wheat flour 2 cups
- gram flour 1tbsp
- fenugreek or methi leaves 2 bunch
- chilli powder 2 tsp
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- a pinch of asafoetida
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- curd 1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- oil for smearing
- Cut the fenugreek leaves finely. Immerse it in salt water, strain and keep aside.
- Take a wide bowl and mix all the ingredients with water into a dough of thick consistency.
- Keep aside for ten minutes.
- Take a ball, dust it with flour and roll into a circle.
- Heat the tawa.Put the rolled thepla onto the tawa. Smear oil and flip to the other side. Put oil and roast on medium flame.
- Roast until brown spots are visible. Keep them in a container. Serve them as and when needed. Tastes good when it is hot.
Subscribe to get a free e-book
[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]