Sambar is very famous down south. It is prepared using different vegetables and green leaves. It goes well with rice and idlis. Here is one recipe made of vegetables
The ingredients that you need are:
a bowl of tur dal
a bowl of assorted veggies as beans,carrot and potato
1 onion cut into small pieces
1 tomato finely cut
2 tsp of sambar powder
1 tsp of chilly powder
a lemon size ball of tamarind
salt to taste
2 tbsp of ghee and oil mixed together for seasoning
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
a few curry leaves
coriander for garnishing
- Wash the tur dal and cook it in the pressure cooker with the veggies. Keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in water for fifteen minutes.
- Take oil in a kadai and make the seasoning. Add cumin seeds,curry leaves and onions. Saute till light pink in colour.
- Add tomatoes and allow to cook till tender.
- Extract the pulp from the tamarind. Strain it and measure a small glass of it. Pour it into the kadai.
- Add sambar powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Allow to boil for sometime.
- Now add the cooked vegetables in dal .
- Add sufficient quantity of water.
- Allow to boil on slow flame,Garnish with fresh finely cut coriander leaves.
My cooking is influenced by the way I have been brought up and the life I am living. Here is the book of goodness of vegetarian cooking :
<a href=”http://79b4edqm6bukq5svuk6-etfr66.hop.clickbank.net/” target=”_top”>Click Here!</a>
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]