Pulav is rice dish made of basmati rice and assorted veggies, blended with spices to give a tasty dish that can be paired with any yoghurt based salad. Here is one kind of Vegetable Pulav that I often prepare at home.
It is a norm these days to have a variety of pulav during functions and parties. It is loved by youngsters, as it is a taste that they are acquainted more often. Ladies, in their busy schedule, do find preparing vegetable pulav an easier task.
The ingredients that you need are:
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 bowl of cut onions
- 1 cup mixed vegetables as beans,carrots and peas
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 bowl coriander
- 10 leaves mint
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon ghee + 1 tablespoon oil
- water for cooking
- Wash the rice, drain water and keep aside.
- Grind coriander, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Take the mixture of oil and ghee, I prefer doing that. and add the spices, then add chopped onions and fry till slightly brown in colour. Then add the vegetables and fry again. Now add the grind paste and continue to saute. Then, add rice and saute for another two minutes.
- Now, you can either put it in a rice cooker or cook in the pressure. Add three cups of water and salt and stir. Close the lid and allow to cook for one whistle.
- Serve with onion salad.
My other rice dishes on the blog
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]