Okra, commonly called as bhendi or lady finger is one of the loved vegetables at home. I prepare various kind of dishes with it. Some are using onion. This Okra stir fry is tasty and contains no onion or garlic. Continue reading Delicious Okra stir fry, no onion garlic
Salads form an important part of our diet. We can eat them any time, either as a snack or as an accompaniment with the main course. This recipe comes soon after the festival, well, at the right time I think. Crunchy salad is simple to make with very few ingredients. Continue reading Two way Crunchy salad
Chutneys form an integral part of the lunch menu in many households, it can be served both with plain rice or the flat breads. Here is one kind of chutney, that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Spinach chutney, not only healthy but also tasty.
Spinach is a super food consisting of Vitamin A and K, magnesium,iron , folate and potassium. It helps increase insulin level. lower blood pressure, prevents cancer, good for asthamatic patients. Being rich in dietary fibre, it helps in preventing constipation. One needs to find ways to incorporate spinach in their diet.
My other posts of this wonderful spinach can be read here in the post 5 ways to use spinach
- spinach leaves of 2 bunch
- green chilly 3-4
- methi seeds 1/2 tsp
- coconut 1/2 bowl
- tamarind pulp 2tsp
- salt to taste
- Remove the stalk of spinach leaves.Chop and put them in water. All the impurities settle down. Put them in a colander.
- Take a drop of oil and roast the fenugreek seeds. Put them aside.
- Add half teaspoon of oil, add the green chilly and then the spinach leaves and salt . Let cook for a while. Switch off the gas and let cool.
- Grind all ingredients together in a mixer.
- To serve;
- Make seasoning with a little asafoetida anda pinch of turmeric powder. Add it to the prepared chutney and serve.