It’s been sometime I have put any fried snack here. Summer has atlast vanished Now, the weather is good, it’s raining at times but pleasant. Loving this weather and the splendid climate ! Well, it’s hinting me to make some fried snacks to binge. Today, I present to you Nawabi Green Cutlets.
I am a kind of person who loves good food and love to try my hand at different kind, but I always prefer shallow frying, keeping the health factors in mind. But yesterday, I did deep fry and they were so good, crunchy on the outside with soft gooey filling inside. It was a few green vegetables along with potato and onion that I used. Greens were capsicum, peas and spinach. In the middle of the mixture, I had kept a filling of cottage cheese with dry fruits and deep fried. Let me take you to the recipe without much ado.
- potato 2
- peas 1/2 bowl
- capsicum 1
- spinach 1 cluster
- onion 2
- cumin 1/2 tsp
- oil 1tsp + deep frying
- pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- green chilly 2
- salt to taste
- For the binding :
- cornflour 3tsp
- semolina 1/2 cup
- For the filling:
- onion 1/2 cup
- cottage cheese 2tbsp
- raisins 8
- cashewnuts a few pieces
- almonds a few pieces
- coriander finely chopped
- wash and chop the veggies.
- pressure cook the potatoes.
- Take a teaspoon of oil in a pan and put cumin. As they splutter, add the onions and saute them.
- Put the capsicum and give a stir.
- Add the green peas and the spinach. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind it to a paste.
- Remove it in a bowl. Mix in the potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper powder.
- In a small bowl make a paste of cornflour with water. It needs to be mixed well.
- Take a ball of the mixture, put a little stuffing, enclose it.
- Dip it in the cornflour mixture, and then roll in the semolina.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is heated, slowly add the rolled cutlet into it and deep fry on medium flame until golden in colour.
- Repeat for the next of the mixture.
- Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Pictorial representation is here :
Cut the onions and capsicum into small pieces. Chop the spinach and wash it well. Green peas are put in water as they are frozen
Take a spoon of oil and put cumin to it.
As it splutters, add onions. Do keep aside some for the stuffing .
Once the onion turns slightly pinkish, add the capsicum.
Then, throw in the spinach.
Lastly comes the peas. I have used frozen peas here.
Once cooked, allow to cool.
Put them in a jar and grind to a paste along with two green chilly. Add more chilly if you want it spicy.
The paste is ready.
Potatoes need to be boiled in the pressure cooker
Mash the potatoes and mix it with the green paste. Add pepper powder and salt to it. Mix well.
Make the stuffing with dry fruits, panner , onions and finely chopped coriander. Put some salt to it and keep it ready.
Pictorial representation of shaping the cutlet.
Deep fry the cutlets in oil. Turn it both sides with a ladle and cook on medium flame. Fry one or two at a time. Do not turn around many times.
Nawabi Green Cutlets are ready to serve
You can use tomato ketchup or green chutney with it. I could make twelve cutlets with this measurement.
Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free !