Baking has been one of my interests, though I have not advented much. It had always been with microwave, but this time I thought of trying in my OTG which had been lying unused. Yes, it is again the time of our blog hop with the theme “baking ” and today I am sharing with you delicious orange zest cookies.
These cookies with orange zest and juice along with tuti fruiti and cashews is flavourful and makes me get back to baking it again.
A few pointers to use Oven Toaster Grill.
Preheating of the oven is a necessity. Mine is Bajaj Majesty 700QT . Here I have used 2 on the dialer.
Different time is necessary for baking different dishes. Refer catalogue and your experience is the best outcome.
One needs to keep a watch, lest the food may get burnt. The aroma of baked dishes reaches outside first.
Do not touch with hand.
Cooling on the rack is essential.
If you are on the lookout for bajaj appliances, you can check them here
Here is the recipe of my cookie :
- All Purpose Flour / maida 2cups
- Unsalted butter 225 grams
- Castor sugar 1 cup
- salt 1/4 tsp
- baking powder 1/2tsp
- orange zest of 1 orange
- orange juice 1/4 cup (fresh )
- tuti fruti 1/2 cup
- cashew pieces 1/2 cup
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and orange zest together. For the orange zest, I have grated the skin of orange and used it. Be careful not to use the pith of it.
- Beat the butter and sugar, till it is soft and fluffy.
- Now, add the juice and the flour to it and gently mix them together to form a dough of thick consistency.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Before baking ,pre-heat the oven
- Line the tray with parchment paper and grease with little butter and dust with flour.
- Shape them into cookies and keep them in the oven to bake.
- Initially I put the time dial on 3 . Then again I put it for 1
- Remove them slowly and keep them on the wire rack to cool.
- Store orange zest cookies in air tight container.
- Alternatively, you can bake in microwave oven too.
These are the various other delicacies of my friends .
And here are the links of those tasty bakes
Subscribe to get an e-book for free !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]