Today is Krishna Janmashtmi, the birthday of Lord Shri Krishna, the creator and supreme personality. All praise to the Lord, who has been so merciful and greatful to us.
This day is usually celebrated by fasting, preprations of sweets and savoury followed by some snack. Here is an instant chakli that one can make quite easily..
Chakli, is a fried savoury, which is usually made by a pre made flour at home. Thus, it involves a week long preparation.These edible snacks are crunchy munchy and can be stored for a fortnight ( if they remain ! ) .
With the festival tomorrow, I really cannot give you that recipe. Here is a instant one for you .
- Rice flour 2 cups
- gram flour 1/2 cup
- poppy seeds 1/2 tbsp
- chilly powder 2tsp
- asafoetida a little
- butter 2tsp
- ghee 1tsp
- oil for frying
- Take the gram flour in a pan and saute it in ghee till light brown. Keep aside.
- Take a bowl and add the rice flour. To it add salt,chilly powder,poppy seeds, butter and asafoetida.
- Add the gram flour and mix all together by rubbing well.
- Add little water and mix them together to a dough. The dough should be firm.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take a mould. grease it with some oil.
- Take a ball of the dough, put it into it and once the oil is heated, slowly press it in circular motion.
- Make a few spherical ones and allow them to turn slightly brown.
- Turn aside with the ladle and once done, put them on a tissue paper.
- When cool ,put them in a container.
- Instant chakli are ready to serve, its so good you will keep longing for more.
Wishing you all a Happy Janmasthami !
Subscribe to get this book !
Did you like this recipe ? Glad if you can share it !