Mango Kulfi
Published on May 22, 2015

It’s the season of mangoes and I find every reason to use this wonderful fruit. When the theme for the blog hop was chosen with this one, everyone was pretty excited, Today , I am presenting you with mango kulfi which is just too good.

Mangoes are an ancient fruit grown in the tropical climate. It is pulpy ,juicy and has a divine taste, which makes it the king of fruits. It was first cultivated in India,  It belongs to the genus Mangifera, and is its botanical name is “Mangifera Indica”. It is a flowering plant which grows to a huge tree. It belongs to the family Anacardiacaea.
Mangoes are rich in vitamin A , C and dietary fibre. It also consists of many  flavonoids like beta carotene and alpha carotene. It helps in the prevention of lung and colon cancers. My other mango recipes of milk shake, smoothie  and fruit punch, do check them out . Do let me know , did you like this kulfi ?

Mango Kulfi

Kulfi has been a favourite dessert since ages, and here’s a twist to it. The taste was divine and it’s going to be a regular one for sometime.

Ingredients :

• full fat milk 1 litre

• mango pulp 500 ml

• sugar 100 grams

• almonds 10

• saffron  strands 4

Method :

Soak almonds in warm water. Boil milk until it reduces to one-third. Remove the skin of the almonds, make a paste with little water and add it to the milk. Add sugar, boil for sometime,turn off the stove, let cool. Add  mango pulp , mix and blend it. Put it in kulfi moulds and set in the refrigerator for four hours. Mango Kulfi is ready to serve.

Do check these mango delights by my friends

Mango double decker icecream sandesh by Piyali

Mango and Ginger Creamsicle by Anu

Mango Saasmi by Shubha

Mango Patholi by Vani

Mango Kesari by Padma

Mango Gucamole and Mango Lassi by Padma

Subscribe to get a book of handy hints for free !

[inbound_forms id=”default_1″ name=”First, Last, Email Form”]

Glad if  you could connect with me on these social sites

1. Piyali

As you rightly said who doesn’t love Mangoes and when the supremely yummy kulfi gets mango tinted then the result is yumminess in every bite. I am simply loving the idea of savouring one on your delicious Mango kulfi’s to satisfy my mango love and nothing can be better than this for the summer. Lovely dear. I am loving it here.

Thankyou so much dear Piyali

2. shubha

I love mango Kulfi and ur version looks so good.. LOved it!!

Thankyou dear Shubha

3. marudhuskitchen

Lovely kulfi with mangos..super yummy treat this summer

Thankyou dear Vani

4. Padma

Lip smacking kulfi…Love mangoes and kulfi..so this is perfect treat for my sweet tooth:)..Thank you dear for sharing:)

Thankyou dear Padma

5. Anupama

This is irresistible and super yummy mango kulfi! Love love love it! Mouthwatering now 🙂

Thanks a lot Anu

6. kushi

Loved your recipe dear.. Tasty, tempting and YUUM

Thanks a lot Kushi

1. Mango Lassi - Masalakorb - […] MANGO AND DATE PALM JAGGERY ICE CREAM SANDESH BY PIYALI SHEKAR MUTHA MANGO AND GINGER CREAMSICLE BY ANUPAMA NAGARAJAKUMAR…