For the rice lovers, gojju and chutney of various kinds make good accompaniments. This is popular in southern region and is made using ladies finger,cucumber ,pineapple and even mango. Here ,is the one made of cucumber.
- cucumber (long variety} 1
- coconut fresh 1 bowl
- cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- green chilly 1
- bengal gram 1tsp
- urad dal 1tsp
- copra dessicated 1tbsp
- chilly powder 2tsp
- tamarind lemon size
- jaggery a small ball
- oil 1tsp
- mustard seeds 1/4tsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- turmeric powder 1/8tsp
- curry leaves
- Soak tamarind in water for fifteen minutes.
- Roast bengal gram and urad dal in a little oil till brown in colour. Keep aside. Now, dry roast the copra and put it along with the earlier ingredients.
- Peel the skin of the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Grind fresh coconut, green chilly, coriander leaves,chilli powder cumin and the roasted ingredients together to a fine paste.
- Extract the pulp of the tamarind.
- Make the seasoning,add curry leaves and the tamarind pulp. Allow to boil ,then add the paste and jaggery to it. Again, let boil as the flavours need to infuse together. Then add salt and the cucumber pieces.
- Let boil for a minute. Remove into a serving bowl. Serve with hot rice.