In the coastal region as rice is the staple food, many varieties of accompaniments are served with rice. A wide range of tasty chutneys, tangy gojjus, healthy tamblis of various kinds and not to mention their sambar and rasams which are made with fresh coconut are just too good. Ajwain tambli is not only tasty but also good for health.
Ajwain is also known as Ajowan caraway, bishop’s weed or carom. Both the leaf and the fruit are used by us. It has many medicinal properties.
Today’s recipe is the tambli. I have used the ajwain leaf which is good for health. It aids in digestion.
- ajwain leaf 10
- fresh coconut 2tbsp
- cumin 1tsp
- green chilly 1
- oil 1tsp
- ghee 1tsp
- mustard seeds
- turmeric powder
- fresh curds 1 cup
- In a small pan add a little quantity of ghee and roast the cumin seeds till golden in colour. Keep aside
- In the same pan , roast the green chilly .
- Wash and pat dry the ajwain leaves. Add ghee and the ajwain leaves. In a minute they will be done.
- When cold grind all the ingredients together with grated coconut.
- Remove it in a bowl , add salt and curds to it.
- Make seasoning and add to it.
- Serve with hot rice.
If you do not have ajwain leaves use spinach or fenugreek leaves. It is equally tasty.
Subscribe to get a book of handy hints for free.