Salads form an important part of our diet. This version is called as koshambir and is usually made during functions. It is served to ladies during haldi kumkum. One can make it as an accompaniment with rice or chapati.
- moong dal 1 cup
- bengal gram 1 tsp
- cucumber 1 big
- oil for seasoning 2 tsp
- mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- curryleaves a few
- green cillies 2
- fresh coconut 1 cup
- salt to taste
- lemon 1/2
- Soak moong dal and gram dal in water for half an hour.
- Remove the skin of big cucumber and cut it into small pieces.
- Drain the water of the dal and put it in a colander for ten minutes.
- Later,put in a bowl and add cucumber,salt and grated coconut to it.
- Make seasoning and add to it.
- Add a dash of lime juice to it.
- Serve as an accompaniment or binge as a snack.
Cucumber used is the long variety. Remove the edges and rub well in circular motion. Then peel the skin. The seeds should be removed.
Added to the following Link Party
Natasha in Oz, Merry Monday Link Party,Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Treasure Box Tuesday, In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party