Potato bonda or fried potato dumpling is an age old dish. It makes an excellent accompaniment for lunch or dinner or a good snack over a cup of coffee. Its good to indulge once in a while for life is worth enjoying.Here is one of my modified recipe.
Ingredients for the stuffing :
- boiled potatoes 4
- green chillies 5
- onion finely cut 1
- ginger 1/2 inch
- finely cut coriander
Mint leaves may be added,but some do not like the taste of it.
Ingredients for the batter:
- gram flour 1 bowl
- rice flour 2 tsp
- chilli powder
- cumin 1/4 tsp
- Mix the ingredients of the batter into a semi thick consistency.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl. Grind the coriander,chilli and ginger to a paste and keep aside.
- Take oil in a kadai, make the seasoning and saute the onions, then add the paste and salt. Mix the mashed potatoes to it and keep aside.
- Take oil in a kadai. Make small balls of the stuffing . Take one ball,dip into the batter and put it into the oil. Repeat for four to five balls. Deep fry till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on a kitchen paper and serve it with tomato ketchup or green chutney.